EXCEED Microneedling offers a new way to treat wrinkles, scars (acne scars, surgical scars, burn scars), melasma and stretch marks. Microneedling allows for a minimally invasive approach to collagen production. The application leads to multiple small punctures into the skin which starts the healing cascade. The cells release growth factors directly after the treatment, stimulating the production of collagen, elastic fibers and hyaluronic acid.
Hyaluronic acid gel is applied on top of the skin as a gliding agent for the microneedling device which subsequently allows it to penetrate into the skin channels. Additionally, platelet rich plasma (PRP) can be used with microneedling to augment results. PRP is all-natural (extracted from patient’s own blood) and contains numerous growth factors to stimulate collagen production and facilitate the healing process.
This leads to an overall improvement of the appearance of the skin.
What to expect during the treatment?
- Microneedling is well tolerated and can take up to 30 minutes to complete, depending on the area being treated.
- A numbing cream will be applied 15-20 min prior to the procedure.
- Mild discomfort may occur in sensitive areas like the upper lip/chin.
- You may experience some bleeding throughout the procedure but not always.
- The treatment is performed in a specific pattern using the device, which is rolled over the skin multiple times.